Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day 31



We were joined in our playroom by another family today. A woman from Spain is adopting a 5 year old girl named Nadia (I think). Erlan loves Nadia. We were so happy to watch him interact with another child. Erlan is going to love meeting his cousins. Nadia looks like Erlan’s cousin Kenzi—I’m not sure if you can tell from the video or the picture.

When we first met Erlan, we were told he was very serious with the other children. The nannies said that he didn’t really interact with the other kids. This was not evident today. He has just blossomed over the last month.

During our morning visit (pre-Nadia visit), Erlan was Mr. Fussypants. I think that he really wanted to go outside. He kept bringing us our shoes. Naturally we assumed that he needed to use the bathroom. He didn’t. I think he enjoyed his time outside of the window and was ready for more.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!! I LOVE to hear him laugh!! Nadia is super cute, too. I'm glad she is getting a new mommy. Erlan will have no problem adjusting to his cousins or goofy aunts(and uncles). HEHEHE! He is going to love the playhouse you have in the backyard. They are so fun at that age, so curious. I'm surprised they let you share the playroom. How did that happen? Did you all have to ask to go outside or did they just say you could? It would be hard being restricted on what you can and cannot do. Can you give us measurents on Erlan? Like how long are his legs, feet, shoulders to waist, etc?

Anonymous said...

Nadia does resemble Kenzi. Yerlan will be in heaven when he finds out he has so many cousins!!

jan said...

what a cute video! he is really having a good time with his new friend. he is a goer. you are going to need your running shoes to keep up with erlan. he has the happiest laugh. love the videos and notes. love mom

Graham Cracker said...

cant wait for you to get the little fart home, oh yes you two too.
Love Dad

Wendy D said...

Love the laugh!! He will be just great meeting everyone around here.

EE said...

Please don't tell me they were Mary Janes;)

Heather said...

Erlan? Serious? That laugh is intoxicating. I think he has just been sitting there waiting for you guys all this time to bring out his not so serious side.

Regina said...

Mr. Gigglepants! I could hear that laugh all day. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hello!! It is a gorgeous day here. The cows are doing great! I went with Dave to feed today. Crocs aren't the best shoes for feeding cows.(hehehehe). But they clean up easily! A new calf was born while we were out there. It was very exciting. By the time Dave got the hay out and we were taking the feed to the mommas, momma and new calf were both up, baby was eating and momma was cleaning him off. So a GREAT DAY to be born. Lots of babies out there. I can't believe you haven't told Dave the name of my cow. Got a grin from him when I told him. Old Blue Eyes says mooo. 4 little ones were cracking me up & I know they would have cracked you all up too. When Dave let the mommas in to get the grain, 4 babies were huddled around each other(like they were scheming) then one black white face(the oldest out of the group) took off across the creek and the other 3 proceeded to chase him up the hill and back around to where they started. They stopped for a sec then did it all over again. I was dying laughing, Dave was just grinning from ear to ear. It was like they were happy their mommas were occupied so they could go run rampant. I think they have spring fever. Lot of kicking and bouncing. Everything is starting to turn green. Is it greening up over there? Can't wait til Erlan gets to experience the cows. I have a feeling he's going to love them. Hope you had a great day.