Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 10



Hello, we are fine. The internet was down in the city and we couldn't get on to post.


Another 1-visit day. Erlan isn’t feeling well. He spent most of the visit being carried around the room by me. He really enjoys looking out the window. He starts wailing if I try to sit down.

The orphanage had brought the big toys from the main playroom into our little room today. They are preparing for Children’s day on Saturday. I thought that I was supposed to make something for the orphanage workers, but now I’m not sure. I brought some peanut butter cookie mix just for such an occasion. Our oven doesn’t have a temperature gauge, so it will be interesting if we decide to bake for them. Sorry, I digress…

Back to the toys… there was a lego table in our room today. Erlan discovered this in one of the few forays he made away from my lap. He enjoyed building things with Daddy. You’ll notice in the pictures that he doesn’t sit on the bench of the lego table, he only stands or squats.

He also decided to climb the climbing rack that is in our toy room. He went over and started climbing. We couldn’t believe it. He is such a boy. He went up three rungs. I missed the picture where he was hanging from one of the rungs.

8 comments:

Lynn Patterson said...

So glad to hear from you and know that you got at least one visit with Erlan. Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow. Much love and warm wishes, Mary

stork said...

That lego table squat is a crack up. We are glad to hear from you again as well. This is my new favorite place on the internet.

I am still waiting on the adventures of Ben about town.

Lynn Patterson said...

I would like to hear more adventures of Ben about town, too:)

Amy said...

OK, how did I miss your call? Glad to hear you are doing OK. I was starting to wonder. Love the update. Not only does monkey boy like bananas he likes climbing and hanging from rungs. Love that! So much fun!!!! I hope he gets to feeling better. Is it just a cold? So was this a morning or afternoon visit? That cracks me up that you took cookie mix, how funny, never would have thought to do that. Hope you get two visits with Erlan today and that he's feeling well enough to play. Does he like to fly?

Graham Cracker said...

Hi: Dad called because he was worried because there was no blog from you--glad to hear it was the internet's fault! I did get the toddler book from your house and have been reading it--can't find anything about getting him to drink juice. Lots of good info.--one they mentioned was trying to trade a new sheet, blanket or pillow for one he has been using with his familiar smell on it. Don't know if this is possible. love you much

Gen said...

He is SO cute! Looks like he is going to be a handful with all that climbing he's practicing! Thanks again for making us a home cooked meal, we really needed that! When do you want us over again? ;)

Anonymous said...

karla and ben I am so glad to be able to keep in touch with whats going on. He is so cute.When he gets home,we will all be strangers to him,but we feel like we already know him.He will have lots of love waiting for him, Glad when he gets home. love selma

Jennifer said...

Funny...everyone's just sitting over here DYING to get their hands on this kid. I think I'll wait patiently until we're invited over for a visit. ;o) I do have some gifties for you all already, tho. Couldn't help myself.