Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 13

Each visit keeps getting better. Erlan took a huge step today-he let Ben hold him! It occurred about ¾ of the way through the visit. It was awesome!

The visit started by Erlan spending some quality time being held by me. I think he missed our visit yesterday. (We didn’t get to visit yesterday b/c of the holiday—National Women’s Day.) He did his usual tricks with the banana and his sippee cup. Once he finally detached from me, he started playing with Ben.

He and Ben were having a fun time running behind the curtain. Then Ben flew him around some more. Finally Ben turned Erlan around. Erlan started to cry so Ben lifted him above his head a couple times, and Erlan giggled. He then brought Erlan back down and Erlan snuggled in. Worst news of the day was that our battery ran out on our camera so I didn’t get the shot! :-(

In the meantime, Mom hung out on the floor and looked as uninteresting as possible. He made one beeline for me, and Ben intercepted him and Erlan let him hold him. It was great to see Erlan hanging with Dad and letting Daddy hug him. I think Daddy enjoyed it a lot!


7 comments:

Jennifer said...

GREAT!! And what a mural! :o)

Lynn Patterson said...

Watch out, Karla. Here at our house Anna had eyes only for Mommy for the first 6 months. Once she got to know Daddy, it was all over for me. Now he's the one. What can I say. These men in our lives are fun.

Thank you, Ben, for the latest installment of "Ben about town." It made me feel like I was there. I loved the photos of the Russian women... as well as the knowledge that the apartment buildings have lobbies with convenience stores chocked full of important commodities.

Also noticed the sippie cup in Erlan's hand in the photo. It looks like he's embracing that as well. How wonderful!

Graham Cracker said...

Great! I had no doubt in my mind that Ben could and would work his way into Erlan's heart!! What a great thing to be able to see the changes he is making toward these two wondrful people in his life. Enjoy--they grow and change sooo fast. Mikey has my computer up and running. He was out last night until after ten but it's now in great shape. love you much

Alysa said...

Little Erlan is just blooming! Wonderful for all of you. Many happy days ahead.

EE said...

That mural is awesome!
What kind of camera are you all using? You're getting great shots!
Erlan is so adorable!! I hope that we're able to finally get together once you all get back home!

Wendy D said...

What a great smile (from everyone). Glad to hear things are going well for you guys. Every day will only get better. Take care.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Thanks so much for letting us in on such an intimate time - the falling in love of parents and child. It is really cool to go through it with you.

KEEP BELIEVING