

Another visit, another big day! Erlan said his first English word, "Up!" He has said mama, papa, and baba (banana) but this was his first clear word. He held his hands up to me and clearly said, "Up!" He also tried to say animal names when we read his book today. He understands when I tell him to put his shoes by my shoes. He knows when we want him to come to us. He's such a clever boy!
We were able to go outside twice today. Erlan likes going outside so much. I think he would like to escape from the orphanage whenever we go outside. The nannies are taking the children outside now so we see groups of kids. We try to avoid them b/c they just watch us and some clearly want to interact with us. I kind of think Erlan likes to show us off when we do see groups of kids.
Erlan is very fearful of stuffed animals. He's even afraid of the fur on my boots. The only stuffed animals in the orphanage are huge. At first, Erlan would give them wide berth and a terrified look. Ben showed him that Erlan could hit them so he wouldn't be afraid. The video shows the results of Ben's efforts. Erlan still doesn't like stuffed animals, but I think he's overcoming his fear.


10 comments:
I love the latest family pic! I enlarged it and why is Erlan looking so serious? Usually, when I enlarge them he is smiling. When you mentioned up was his first word I was thinking oh no, it isn't because the video where he says papa pa is the cousins favorite video and we play it everytime we go to the blogs. It looks like Ben taught him well of how to take care of stuffed animals. He is definitely a very cute, clever boy!!! love you all
HEHE, That is funny! I am glad that Erlan likes to be outside b/c I have a feling he will be spending a lot of time outside with his daddy. I hope he doesn't have the same fear of live animals that look like stuffed animals. Beware Jackson!!! FYI Erlan will not be short on pajamas I went through the boys drawers today and Found 18 pair of 12-18 month sets that Cole can no longer fit into. So far I have rounded up about 20 pair of pants and haven't gotten to the shirts or summer stuff yet. I wondered why Cole never seemed to have anything to wear, he couln't fit most the stuff in his drawers so I have to dig out the 2T box. The boys loved watching Erlan beat up the bear. Later!
I think its dead. Dead as a doorknob. hehehehehe. I love the family photo. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!! Yes he is clever!! What is he looking at so seriously in the other photo? & by the way, what about "bubbles"? I could have sworn I heard him say bubbles. Karla, I'm watching one of your favorite movies(P&P) and just relaxing on a dreary Saturday afternoon. Hope you have a good Sunday!!!
Better keep a close eye on your farm animals.
Okay, so you are serious, Erlan really doesn't dig those stuffed animals. hahaha
Isn't that so cute that he shows off his family to the other kids, I bet he is so proud! I just wonder what goes on in their little minds. I often look at Z and wonder if she has any memories of her time at the babyhouse; does she wonder if I am here to stay; so many curiousities.
They sure are a wonder! :)
Christy
Hey I put a video of our night bowling on our blog go check it out! www.thewoodsboys.blogspot.com
Darnit Karla, I wish I would have logged on sooner b/c I wasnt done chatting with you. In search of the Russian or Kazek word for bubble I found out that in an episode of SpongeBob(Pickles), he is laying on his bed saying no in a bunch of different languages and ended the show with "NYET". Then I found this really cool site http://translation2.paralink.com/ Ok, 2 hours later, still havent found the word but read lots of sites about other adoptive families and their experiences. Now my eyes are crossing and I have to get some sleep. Love ya & talk to you manana.
Don't even get me started about stuffed animals...I hate them! Reilly is addicted to them...thinks they're real:o
I'll reserve judgement on your furry boots until I see them;)
Oh, those poor stuffed animals! LOL! Attaboy Erlan! I love your your family picture...you guys look so happy, and although Erlan looks serious he is still handsome as heck.
Looks like he is ready for action figures and swords in no time!! Just kidding,
KEEP BELIEVING
Post a Comment