


We had one tired little boy on our hands this morning. He was Mr. Fussypants for the entire visit, and he had a 30-minute nap. (Yes, I love it that he fell asleep in my arms.) Ben thinks he was just mad b/c of the way the nannies dressed him. Daddy is pouting b/c Erlan wouldn't play with him. :-(

Afternoon Visit

We were a little worried after the morning visit that Erlan was getting sick. He quickly alleviated those worries since he was all smiles during our afternoon visit. Today he finally discovered the slide and swing that are in the playroom with us. Ben has been using a large teddy bear to show him how to go up the ladder and down the slide. He then lifted Erlan onto the slide and let him go down. Erlan loved it! It wasn’t long until Erlan was climbing up the ladder and doing it himself. :-) He still needs to learn how to lift his feet.

Of course, we did give him some new shoes today. They are little high top shoes and are clunkier than the mary-jane shoes that he has been wearing. He really liked the new shoes. As soon as we showed them to him, he took off the shoes he was wearing
and wanted his new shoes. We had tried to give him new shoes yesterday, but our first attempt resulted in shoes that were two sizes too big. He looked like a clown. Erlan was happy with the clown shoes, but he kept tripping so we exchanged for a smaller size. The shoes were $20—this was cheap for here. We found them at the Mosque Mall on the first floor in the west corner (thanks to Kami & Eric for showing us!)

We don’t think that he has seen a TV yet. He enjoys watching the screen on the digital camera and waving to the images. I’d like to take a picture but, for obvious reasons, cannot.


9 comments:
That is so cool that he gets so excited when you give him something new. I'm glad he likes his shoes! The picture of him sleeping is precious.
Love the pictures - Ben's is funny too! The bottom picture is a stitch. It is so much fun reading your Blog ever day. Not as much fun here as it is conference time and it's time to be 'nice' to everyone. New shoes, new mom and dad, does it get any better! Have a fun day with him tomorrow.
He looks like a little elf and so angelic when he is sleeping. It's the little things in life. Right now it's a new pair of shoes wait til he NEEDS an Xbox or 4wheeler. hehehehe. I can't get over how much he resembles you all and how much he has changed from your very first post of him. Not just looks, but his personality too. In just 2 weeks he's already acting like Ben with the goofy faces and checking himself out in the mirror. I bet he's thinking how good looking he is. :) Karla, God love ya! Now when you call me to save you I'm going to have 2 Bens. :) Just kidding Ben!! :)
Hi guys,
I was wondering if they will give you guys any idea what to expect when you first take Erlan with you. Will they start talking to him about coming home with you? I assume he doesn't understand you guys very well but would have a decent understanding of words in his native tongue.
How do they prepare him/you for that long journey home? Will he freak out when the people that are playing with him in his present home start to take him away? Please advise.
p.s. Ben About Town was first suggested on March 3rd and I specifically requested stories/pictures of you buying a can of dip. ;) In school you prided yourself on your ability to have others not only go get you dip but pay for it as well.
Wow, wow, wow!! I've been behind the posts a little (what's new), just sat down and read from day 0 through today. What an amazing journey. It's so wonderful to see and hear what a transformation Erlan has gone through since you first walked into his life.
I'd like to see Ben in some Mary Jane's!
Wow, Day 15 already? It seems like just yesterday you were flying in from a 30 hour layover. :)
I can't remember, are you planning on staying one trip or doing two?
Christy
I've been wondering ... is there anything everyone here needs to know to do, not do, etc. when we first meet Erlan? I mean, obviously, we can't all rush him when the plane lands, that would scare the poop out of him. But do they give you advice for family and friends, how to behave, and so on? We're all so anxious and ready to love him, but I'd sure hate to scare him.
Oh man, is that a skirt and tights he's wearing in the first pic? I'd be grumpy too! LOL
Congrats on reaching day 15! I love reading your adventures. I also love that last picture of him. What a sweet, silly and fun kid you have!
Post a Comment