Monday, March 31, 2008

Day 35


One more week and we get Erlan! The three of us are ready to be together as a family. Erlan practiced saying "up" more today. He's started whispering it instead of saying it--not sure what that's about. He's also decided not to use the potty when he's with us. He'll sit for awhile, but he doesn't do anything. He hasn't used it since we started sharing the playroom... maybe he has a shy bladder?


We were able to go out during our afternoon visit. It was a very nice day. The kiddos watch us from the playrooms. When Nadia goes outside, Erlan will watch for her. Nadia does the same thing. In the picture, she just gave Erlan his toy cell phone. As we were getting ready to go back inside, Erlan just about fell asleep on my shoulder. He was tired. I meant to ask the nanny if he's taking his naps.


We haven't taken pictures of Erlan's nannies yet. We tried once but the woman practically dropped Erlan trying to run away. We've been a bit wary of asking after that.

Today's video is actually from a few days ago. Erlan doesn't like sharing, whether it be food or toys... we're working on this skill. :)

8 comments:

Heather said...

I wouldn't share my cookie with Ben either. Somehow, I get the impression I wouldn't get any of it back.

Amy said...

Yeah, he's pretty smart. It's good to know he's got the survival skills he's going to need for our family. Erlan keep the cookies!!!

jan said...

so "cookie boy" doesn't want to share his cookies. he has his dad figured out, he wouldn't get it back. looks like he can hold his own. i loved the video with the poor stuffed doll and the bubbles. he is so much fun to watch. i went garage saling thursday. rachel miles had one and i found some cute outfits and a truck, toy weed eater and toy lawn mower with sound effects. i know you will love it!!
love, mom

Lynn Patterson said...

One more week. I can't wait until you all are back in Missouri!

Alysa said...

Wonderful that you are getting to take Erlan outside now! Big adventure for the little guy and it looks like he can move okay despite all the layers! Did you bring the coat for him?

I appreciate that you are counting the days with your posts. Gives me a good idea what to expect and how long my trips will be.

I can't believe you will have him with you full time in less than a week! I'm so excited for all of you!

Graham Cracker said...

Little cookie guy is going to fit in so well with the family! Speaking of family I hadn't realized how very much I miss seeing both of you. Yes, Ben, I hear someone drive in and always look out and think how I miss you popping in. As time gets closer I get more anxious to see the three of you. The blogs have made it so much easier so thanks, thanks, and more thanks! love you

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the videos - I can't get them at school (youtube is blocked).
We are all so excited to meet Yerlan. Lance said this morning, "Today is April! Karla and Ben are bringing the baby home now!" The kids are SO incredibly anxious to meet him.
Brian got 8th place in his race (out of 45 cars). That earned him a patch. He was very excited. :)
Call again soon. Miss you both lots.

Deb said...

Won't share his cookies, won't potty in the potty chair, and loves being outside -- he will fit right in with the cousins! Hmmm, sounds like the older cousins will be teaching him to pee on the tree, hope your neighbors won't mind.
I can't wait for you to get home. I am anxious to see how Erlan responds to the other kids. I bet he enjoys them more than all the adults.
Ben, hurry home, Mike needs some competition at Artie's. My house is sounding like a clock shop.