Friday, March 21, 2008

Success at Court!

We had our court hearing today. I am very happy to report that our application to adopt was accepted. We start our 15-day appeal period tomorrow. The last day must be a business day; therefore, our appeal period will end on Monday, April 7. We should be able to bring Erlan to our Kazakh apartment on April 8. We then have another week before we can head back to the States. Hopefully, the next 15 days go by as quickly as the last 15 days went by.

The hearing itself went very quickly. Ben read our prepared speech. I added two sentences. A representative from the orphanage told about Erlan's history. A representative from the Dept of Education read their conclusions about our bonding with Erlan and that they supported our application. We were asked no other questions. The whole thing was done in 20 minutes.

This is a picture of us in front of the court house.

This is a picture with our driver Ceric. He and Bayana are our favorite people in Kazakhstan.

11 comments:

Lynn Patterson said...

Congratulations! April 7 will be a fun day. I can just see the three of you in the apartment. And won't it be wonderful when Erlan gets to go outside!

Deb said...

Congrats!!! What a wonderful family you will make! I can't wait for you all to get home.

Graham Cracker said...

This is Brian. I got up and looked at your blog and everyday your blog looks different. I can hardly wait to see my new cousin. Ilove you. Brian

This is Lance. I love the new baby. I love you. Lance

Jennifer said...

YAY! Congrats. I had no doubts, of course, but WHEW!! :o)

stork said...

Way to go guys! We could not be happier for you.

Alysa said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad things went so smoothly for you. I'm hoping history continues to repeat itself for those of us following in your footsteps.

Completely official yet or not, the three you make a beautiful family!

Wendy D said...

Congratulations! I know you guys are relieved and can't wait to bring your little one home. Hope your next few weeks continue to go quickly.

Amy said...

Woohooo!!!! Thank you Easter Bunny! BAWK, BAWK! :) I had no doubt. You all looked very nice all dressed up. I'm sure you were a nervous wreck. & no questions! I am soooooo happy for you all!!!

jan said...

happy day!!! icouldn't get thru on the internet to wish you good luck yesterday, but it is finally working. i know you were relieved to hear the good news. counting down and it will be here before you know it. he just gets cuter with every picture. what a character! can't wait to start spoiling him. love mom

sjdking said...

Congrats!!!!

We hope that it goes really fast. We miss you all and can not wait for all three of you to come home :)

We love the videos. Keep 'em comin.

Kami said...

~CONGRATULATIONS~
I am glad to hear court went very smoothly for you guys, I knew it would but you can't help but still hold your breath till it is over.

You need to come visit us before we leave, we need to say good bye in person. It is too cold out for Lincoln. We don't want to chance getting him sicker than he all ready is.