Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 30

OK, we skipped a couple of days. We think Erlan's die hard fans will forgive us. Before I show the video, I think we've finally determined Erlan's size. I think he wears an 18-month top and a 12-month pant. The 12-month pants are just on the verge of being too short. I think his head is probably a 2T! Let's see, we have a kid with short legs and a big head... kind of like his cousins! I have no clue what size shoes he wears. The sizes are different here. Also, he tends to curl his toes whenever he puts on shoes. The boy does love his shoes. (BTW, Stacey, save everything until we get back! You can put them in our garage--don't put them in your dad's garage, he'll throw them away.)

Speaking of shoes, the head nanny told us that we needed to buy Erlan new shoes. She thought he was scratching himself putting on the high tops that we bought for him. She showed us a pair of Mary Janes and told us to buy that kind of shoe. Yes, she wanted us to buy Erlan some girl shoes. :-) We found some shoes that look like Birkenstock clogs and got those instead. Erlan liked the high tops better.

Today we had two big events. First, we brought bubbles for Erlan. He wasn't too sure what to think at first, but he loved them in the end. He also wanted to eat them. Thank you Kami and Eric! The bubbles were a big hit!



At our afternoon visit, we got to go outside! Yes, OUTSIDE!!! It was probably 50 degrees. We had to dress him like it was 20 degrees. He really liked it. When we brought him back inside and gave him back to the nannies, he just screamed. Ben had to run his clothes back up to the nannies, and one told him that Erlan was crying for us and told her that he did not want to stay with her, he wanted to go with us. Poor little boy! Not much longer now.

10 comments:

Alysa said...

Once again, just too cute for words! I'm falling head over heels for your little one just from your posts. I can only imagine how full to overflowing your hearts must be with love for this adorable and charming little boy. And he obviously feels the same way about both of you. Wonderful stuff all around.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you are LUCKY I am a die hard fan!! :) I was wondering where you all went. Bubbles, I heard him say bubbles! hehehehe!! He is going to be talking in no time. Patience, gosh darnit, there's that crazy word again and the poor thing is having to learn it so soon. I'm counting down as I'm sure you all are too. I know it just has to break your hearts to leave him. The emotional roller coaster has to be exhausting. Love the video!!! Hope to talk to you soon. Love ya!!

Graham Cracker said...

What can I say--It sounds like he's definitely ready to live with mama and papa!!!! He is such a sweetheart and it's been wonderful getting to know him through your fantastic blogs. love you much

Jennifer said...

I was talking to Wendy D on the phone last night and what kept coming up for both of us was how HARD it must be for you to have to leave him every day. It's both heart-warming and heart-BREAKING to know it's just as hard on him! SOON SOON SOON!!

And I have two bags of clothes for him, size 2T. Guess he'll just have to grow into them! :o)

jan said...

isn't it fun watching erlan discover new things? that is one of the wonderful things about being a parent, teaching and exploring . you appreciate things more seeing them through his eyes. bubbles are so fascinating, now you see them, now you don't. he is really good at repeating words and sounds. that's really great. love to all, mom

sjdking said...

The boys got a big laugh out of the video especially when he tried to eat the bubbles. They thought that was really funny!

Stacey

EE said...

Would those nurses/ladies put mary janes on their sons??? Just wondering.

Kami said...

They let you outside?? I can't believe it, that is great. We are happy the bubbles are a hit.

Our flight to Almaty was uneventful, Linc slept for most all of it. We are staying at Hotel Alma-Ata. It is expensive but the room is big. Lots of crawling space and we have a crib. Yeah.

Hang in there you will have your little man home in your arms soon.

~Kami, Eric and Linc

Diana said...

Erlan is just awesome.

We are expecting our Kazakh son to be around 2 years old when be adopt him. It sounds like Erland is tiny. Makes me wonder how big our little boy will be. I bought clothes in 3 sizes to take with us 18 month, 2T and 3T.

Regina said...

Aw, his little squeals of excitement are so cute! What a charmer. Sounds like he is more than ready to be with you guys full time -- and the same for you!