Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 23

It will be a quick post tonight. We just got home from a long day--a good day, but a long day. We visited with Erlan this morning. We went out to eat at lunch (The Istanbul), which was tasty. We then went to the Mosque Mall where we finally hit the very cheap store in the basement at the right time. This store gets clothes that were donated to India, which India sells to Kazakhstan (or something like that). We picked up a jacket, a couple of pairs of pants and a couple of shirts for Erlan (and a shirt for me). We had our second visit and then went out to dinner. We usually don't have this much activity in a month at home, so we are tired now.

Here are some pix from today's visit:


Here Erlan is dressed like somebody we all know and love. :-)

This is Erlan's "I did something naughty, so I'll make this cute face" look.

This is Erlan with our interpreter Bayana.

Here is Erlan carrying Daddy's boot. Yes, this was a warning that he needed to potty. We did not heed his warning. We were stupid.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funnnnnnny!!! Yep I've seen that before! hehehehehe. He's going to fit riiiiggghhht in. :) Kinda hard to get mad at them when they make those cute faces and hard not to laugh. I bet he has you all trained before you leave there. He is smart. But what is the correlation between the boot and potty? Do you take him down the hall? You all are going to have to work on your stamina!! :) TWO MORE DAYS for you all!!! :)

Regina said...

I don't know who I'm more impressed with about the animal sounds! LOL...so freaking cute!

Anonymous said...

He is a quick study! :) He looks like a happy camper.

Graham Cracker said...

I know Ben answered many questions but tell me again--I think you stay 15 days after court date, but then do you still apply for Erlan's papers? I'm trying to coordinate getting to Weslaco and back before you guys get home. Please send the info. of how we get on Orbitz. Thanks. love you much

Anonymous said...

Well, no fix for today I guess. I'm sure you all have a lot going on with court tomorrow. Just love the updates though. It is a gorgeous day here today. Mom, Dad & Keely are headed to Warrensburg to meet Aly then Dad has a doctors appt. I think Keely got the flu mom had Monday. She got sick this morning and her tummy hurts so it could be a long ride for them. Mom is prepared though, of course. I'm spending the day outside cleaning cars. I just went and got mom's. It won't take near as long as mine. I still have the beans all over the back we spilled before you all left. Heheheheheh! :) Those are my fun and exciting plans for the day. I'm sending my love and support to you all for court. It will all go GREAT!! You all can call as soon as you get out of court if you want. I don't care if you wake me up!!! Love you!!

Matthew Ruley said...

Carrying a boot means needing to potty. Got it! I wouldnt have known either. Who knew?

Congrats is he cute!

EE said...

LOL! Could he be any cuter????

EE said...

LOL! Boot and poop do sound alike. Someday he will probably tell you, "It's snowing outside. I need to put on my poop."