
Well today was uneventful. We just hung out, sang songs, ate bananas, and had fun. No accidents.(YEA!!!)
We are going to have to install some full length mirrors in Erlan’s bedroom when we get home. He likes looking at himself. He is fascinating. It doesn’t matter if he is eating, making funny faces or just strolling by, there is always time to stop and look at himself and then look at mommy or daddy and grin.

Karla enjoyed it when he first came in today and was all smiles. He was very happy to see her.

He has come up with this celebration where he raises his arms and points his index fingers up in the air while clicking his cheek like he is telling a horse to move along. We did not show him this, but it is really hilarious. When I started cracking up, he was like ‘what you haven’t seen this’, here I’ll do it again. We got it on video.

He found a yellow and blue stool and played with it all day. If he wasn’t climbing on it, he was dragging it

around. He even put his sippee cup down, so he could have at least one hand free.
He has also started swinging an arm when he walks. I thinks he is either very happy or just knows he’s super cool. It could be both.


6 comments:
Well he is super cool and I think he knows it!!! I do!! He just looks so relaxed now. I would love to know what is going through his little head. So did you do the celebration walk with him? Does he say mommy and daddy now? Have you shared a sum sa with Erlan?
Where did you go? You need to show him the chicken dance. That's a classic. Take your computer in with you and play some music for him. I would love to see his reaction to that.
amy stole my comment about him being super cool! did he put the stool on the chair or did dad help him? i don't think he has any fear. he is a definite "curious george". the fun is just beginning. i love it. hope the courts move quickly and he can be all yours asap. love mom
He seems to be getting mommy and daddy well trained
Dad
Makes me wonder how often they have been able to see themselves in a mirror???? Z too was amazed with herself the first time we looked in a mirror, and still she smiles and laughs each time we walk by a mirror, she always has to check herself out. Isn't it always the smallest things that excite kids. Boxes, tissue paper, lids and such.
:) Christy
Hi Karla and Ben,
Just wanted to let you know that Jim and I have been reading your blog and are so excited about Erlan! What a cutie! I'm eager to see him UP CLOSE!! Hope your court date is soon. It's getting closer to springtime, when Erlan can play in the wilds of Missouri!
Barbara Plake and Jim Impara
Post a Comment