Thursday, April 10, 2008

We're taking the train

We will not be posting tonight or tomorrow. We are taking the train to Almaty. It's a 42-hour train ride, which leaves at 8:00 pm tonight. Erlan is feeling better. We will tell you about the train ride as soon as we get settled in Almaty.

6 comments:

Graham Cracker said...

Glad Erlan is feeling better. Enjoy the train ride and we'll be looking forward to hearing about it!!! We're heading for home sometime this morn. love you much

Deb said...

Erlan is going to be a great traveler by the time he gets home.

I think he probably just liked the coolness of the floor. If so, he will love your house! I will look for a bed-railing this weekend just in case he prefers the bed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, if you all can survive that train trip you can do anything. Erlan seems to be a junior Ben.. I have no worries. I'll have the boys pick out some of their favorite books for Erlan so that he doesn't run out of bathroom material. Let us know when you arrive!
Love,
Kathi

stork said...

Love the train!! Erlan is probably going apes**t with happiness right about now. You guys too! What a great idea.

I have had an overnight train ride on our must do list for years. We go to the Rockies every summer and there is an Amtrak station in the town where we stay. The trip from St. Louis to there is a very expensive ticket, so we havent pulled the trigger on it.

Enjoy your adventure!

jan said...

yeah!! you are on the road again or rail i should say. this is hopefully a fun trip. glad erlan is feeling better. hopefully he will have lots of windows to look out of and see interesting things. he may be too big for his baby bed ,may graduate to a big boy bed. i love the video, trying to scare momma with his growl. catch you when you arrive. safe trip. love mom

Chris & Christy said...

What an awesome opportunity to be able to ride the train and see the true countryside. Fun I say!

The video of Erlan was way too cute! It is so fun to see them in action, it makes them even more real than all of the photos.

Z is also a very restless sleeper, I swear she turns circles in my bed nearly 10 times a night. :)

Christy