Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 63 of loving Erlan, Day 65 of being in Kaz

Our last day in Kaz! I am so excited! Our friend Bernadette came to Almaty yesterday, and we finally got to meet Gaia. She is a beautiful little girl with the most charming black eyes.

We also met some new friends in Kaz: Michael & Angie and their four kids: Chelsea, Abby, Graham, and Landon… (sorry if I misspelled names!) The entire family spent two months in Kaz to adopt Landon—a beautiful little girl who looks like Keely did when she was a baby. I’ll post pictures once we get home.

Thanks to all of your who have followed our Kaz adventure. We have so appreciated all of the comments that you have sent along the way. We loved hearing from you and knowing that you were thinking about us.

We are grateful for the friends that we made on this journey: Joel, Gen, and Gabriel; Kami, Eric, & Lincoln; Agnes & Sacha; Bernadette & Gaia; Carlos, Rosa, & Maria; Emil & Magda; and Michael, Angie, Chelsea, Abby, Graham, & Landon. Each of these families enriched our lives, and we know that they will be part of our family’s future story.

Thank you to Julie for watching our house. Also to Mary Beth, John, Emily & Will for keeping an eye on it when Julie wasn’t there. Finally, thanks to Selma… we hear that our house looks spectacular.

A special thank you to our friends and families. We have missed all of you more than we will ever be able to express. Your comments, IMs, emails, and phone calls kept us sane during this journey. We cannot wait to see you again.

Amy deserves special gratitude since she made sure all of our bills were paid during our adoption journey. We are also extremely grateful to Babushka Janice & Dedushka David for taking care of Jackson for us.

Dedushka David and Dave Davis also took care of our cows. We appreciate their time and efforts.

Thanks to my friends Christy and Lisa for the extra work that they took on for our NCME session.

Thank you to my co-workers who have filled in for me during my absence, especially Matt, Monique, and Thakur. Thank you to my bosses, Gary & Rich, who supported this adoption journey.

Even though many of you will say that what you did for us is no big deal, all of the little things that you did for us gave us the peace of mind and security to leave everything for two months. Please accept our gratitude and prepare yourselves for Erlan—he will steal your hearts!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I hope you continue your blog when you get home. Being in St. Louis, we won't get to follow your adventures any other way. But, I know how busy parenthood can be and know that you will be adjusting to a new family life. We would love to be able to see Erlan grow! Safe travels to you.

Lynn Patterson said...

On your way home. Just in time for Spring! When things slow down I would love to meet Erlan. Maybe he and Anna could play...

Much love and safe travels,
Mary

Regina said...

You made it through! Just a few "easy" plane trips and you will be back on US soil. Safe travels to you on your homeward journey. And thank you for all the insight into Aqtobe. We are so excited to be going there very soon.

I hope you will be posting updates from home...I'd love to continue following along if you do.

Gen said...

HOOOORAY! The light at the end of the tunnel and the greatest gift of all, Erlan!!! You're almost home. Gabe sends lots of kisses to all. Have a safe trip home.
Love you all!
Joel, Gen & Gabriel

Chris & Christy said...

I hope that you 3 are having a safe uneventful :) trip home. Can't wait to see photos of Erlan at home! Yes, home, isn't that fun to say!

Christy

Alysa said...

Home! Home! Hopefully you are there now, jet-lagged, tired, showing Erlan is home and his room, giving scratches and hugs to Jackson, and happy, happy, happy!

Thanks so much for letting me follow your journey. I too hope you will continue posting, so we can watch more of Erlan's (and Ben's) antics and hear that wonderful laugh!

Congratulations once again on the creation of your family and wishing you a lifetime of love and joy with your son.

Alysa

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

OOOOHHHHH How exciting. I feel like I KNOW this little guy. I have come to recognize his squeals and laughter. I am must so thrilled for you and your family and your next step of slowly introducing him to your families.

Thrilling!

KEEP BELIEVING