Right now, we think that we are traveling to adopt a boy between 12 to 18 months. Aqtobe is a travel-blind region. Basically, this means that we should be shown 1, 2 or 3 boys in our age range after we arrive in Aqtobe. From what we've heard & read, we might be shown a child outside of our range or a child with special needs first.
It is understandable (although heart breaking) that these children are shown first. You just never know who will take a child they weren't expecting. Our hearts are open to these possibilities. So, when people ask, we say that we think we're adopting a 12-18 month old boy; however, we could come home with a 3-year old girl.
In my head, I picture us with a little boy; however, I pictured us with a girl for the longest time. When we started this odyssey to find KK, I thought we'd adopt a girl. When we were told that we could become parents faster (this is a relative term) if we adopted a boy, I didn't hesitate. At that moment, I realized that I just wanted to be a mom and I wanted to see Ben as a dad. I could also easily picture KK fitting right in with all of my nephews.
It is hard to say how the journey will unfold once we are there. I'm not sure how we'll react if we're shown children outside of our ranges. I do know that we are both more than ready to go.
If he were still alive
12 years ago


4 comments:
Kolton was very thoughtful. He told me he is ready for the new baby. He thinks he can take care of it, feed it, hold it, etc. We'll see how he does with the first dirty diaper.
I think KK will be adored by all the nephews and your NIECE! She is just the right age for playing "baby".
I know you will be wonderful parents no matter what kid you bring home! I can't wait for you to be parents!!! I also can't wait to meet KK!! What a lucky kid he/she will be!
I think it would be cool if you came home with twins...or triplets:)
Hey I got On.
Post a Comment