Our layover in Almaty has been extended into a 13-hour layover.... the weather in Aqtobe has delayed our take off. In the interim period between our posts, we have learned a few things:
1.) The coffee shop at the Almaty airport takes Visa.
2.) The coffee shop charges .50 apiece for creamer.
3.) The airline appears to be giving away free food. There was a run on the ticket desk, followed by people walking away with food. Ben is standing in line now. We, of course, just purchased food at the aforementioned coffee shop but we always like free food (and who knows when we'll eat again).
4.) The weight limit is different (and lower) on Air Astana. Because we flew in "over the Atlantic," we were allowed a bit of extra weight but we still had to pay $40 for heavy baggage. It's hard to argue when you don't speak the language.
Food is here... gotta go. If only they'd pass out cots.
If he were still alive
12 years ago


11 comments:
Sorry about your layover in Almaty. I have learned a few new things in the last several weeks.
1. I love reading blogs! What a great way to stay in touch. I forgot you'd be blogging even on the flight so dad and I were elated to discover them this morn.
2. Skype is a fantastic way to talk.
3. I'm not very patient when it comes too waiting to hear about my new grandchild. I am soooooo excited! Give him/her a kiss from me.
love you much,
mom and dad
p.s. creamer should not be added to coffee. it doesn't improve the taste.
You are getting close! Stacey bought me a headset yesterday so I can figure out Skype. Keep the blog coming and post more pics. It really helps us stay connected.
We are so anxious to see the new baby. P.S. Mackenzi really thinks it should be a girl since she is outnumbered.
PATIENCE........hmmm! What a wonderful word. I know you have to be exhausted. Talked to mom and she said you're son Jackson is being very possesive of her. He growls every time Dixie goes near her. Poor Jackson, he doesn't even have a clue what he's in for when you return. :) I agree with Lewis and Donna on the creamer, waste of money. hehehe :)
I cannot wait! Thanks for the updates already! Hope you are settling in! What an amazing journey for you all! Samantha wants you to bring home her future husband, and she will even consider a younger man if necessary!
Hugs to you both (and soon to be all three!)
Lisa
ps: creamer is SO necessary, and should be free!
Ugh! 13 hours in that tiny airport! I spent about 6 and that was enough for me. :) Be sure to get out your hat and mittens before landing in Aqtobe!!!!!!!!!! Just in case it is super chilly like it was when I landed there, nobody gave me this advice and I really had wished that they had when I thought my fingers were going to break off at baggage claim. :)
I can't wait to read more!
Christy
So glad to hear you made it safely. We are following your blog in my classes.. no pressure.. Can't wait to hear about your first meeting. The boys are so excited you are "getting the baby." I think in their minds you go over, grab a kid, and hop the next flight back. :)
Have a great day!!
Please add Mr. Gieringer to your blog if you get a chance..
gieringerp@marshallschools.com
Have you made it yet, to Aktobe??? We have been asking now for two days and were told about your nasty layover in Almaty. Our afternoon visit was canceled today so we are super curious if you have actually made it yet or not. Looking forward to meeting you both and most of all hearing all about your new addition.
Would you please add Michelle Hanson to your blog. mhanson534@gmail.com
According to your world clock, it's 2:30 am there. I hope you're able to get some sleep. What an adventure you've had already, and it's just the beginning!
Skype is twenty one cents a minute to call from computer to land line. Call me!
Post a Comment