if any one knows anything about this or can research, we would greatly appreciate.there are unsecured wireless networks at our apartment with good signal but we cant get on. do we have the wrong wireless cards or software. i have not a clue but would take any suggestions. karla is pretty good but she hasnt been succesful either
3 comments:
Hey, this is Kathi - I'll ask my students this today and let you know. That is a good bet! I was thrilled to read about my new nephew. What a dream come true!! Give him hugs and kisses for me. Now I can't wait to meet him.
Karla,
I copied this for you. It sounds as if they will setup your wireless when you rent a cell phone. There is a email that you may be able to contact for more infor.
WEB:
The easiest thing to do may be to rent a cell phone through Silk Road Painting . These people are very reliable, and can even help you set up internet access during your trip.
Cell phone, why do I need it?
Plan #1 ($100) includes:
-- NOKIA 2100 cell phone, with 220v adapter
-- Kazakhstan K-Mobile chip
-- up to 70 local calls
-- free incoming calls (from anywhere)
-- technical support
Notes:
- for an additional $25 you will be provided with an I-card so you can use your laptop from your apartment or hotel. The card will provide you with about 15 hours of internet access,or you can use the same card for making long distance phone calls ($0.28 per minute, about 50 minutes total). Additional units are easily added.
The instruction on setting up an internet dial-up connection are attached to the i-card. You'll have to register you login name and password with Nursat at http://www.nursat.kz/?en . (It's not functioning from US, you have to be in Kazakhstan to do that).
I-card is working all over the Kazakhstan except Kokshetau. There are two other kinds of internet and phone cards In Kokshetau, hope your coordinator will help you with getting that.
100 will apply to any lost or damaged phone.
- let us know advaitagkg@yahoo.com your complete first and last names, the date you are scheduled to arrive in Almaty, the city you are going to stay in most of your trip, if you will be needing an i-card for the internet access and long-distance phone calls.
-you will receive an email confirmation of your order within 24 hours.
You can buy i-Card+ by the addresses listed below.
Informika-A LLP bus-stops (120) 58-84-44
News-stands AIF(83)
I'm checking into this for you guys too - hopefully you can get hooked up one way or another. I know everyone reading the blog is anxious to see Yerlan!!
AJ
Post a Comment