Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ben said I'd give the details....

Detail #1: We were visiting my parents in Weslaco, TX when we got THE call--a mere 18-hour drive from home. I brought our documents with us so we were able to send for our Kaz visas that day.

Detail #2: We drove home in my dad's 1985 Jetta. (Ben & my dad have similar tastes in cars--this is not a good thing.) The car made the 18-hour drive seem like a 36-hour drive (with only one stop at Starbucks). I'll skip the list of grievances that I've compiled against the car. Suffice it to say that I stuck my sisters' post-its on the Jetta.

Detail #3: We are 95% packed in 3 suitcases and 3 carry-ons. I'm considering re-packing so that each suitcase contains a little bit of everything.

Detail #4: Our visas arrived on Monday. They would have been here on Saturday if I'd paid for Saturday delivery. The Kaz consulate turned the visas around in 1 day!

Detail #5: We leave on Friday. We have a 4-hour layover in DC and a 6-hour layover in Frankfurt. We arrive in Almaty, Kaz on Sunday morning at 1:30 am.

3 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Congrats! You must be sosososo excited! Did I get you in touch with the Yeomans? They're in Almaty and have their welcome matt out for adoptive parents going through. Email her - at yeomans_sara@yahoo.ca Tell her I sent you!

Deb said...

Make sure the post-its on the Jetta say Kathi.

Mel and David said...

Congrats on your travel plans. Melanie and I are excited for you. Please feel free to email us with any questions along the way. Get ready for an adventure!