Thursday, January 31, 2008

Because we haven't traveled yet...

I'm ready to throw a fit because we haven't received our LOI yet--a lay-down-on-the-floor, flailing-arms-&-legs FIT! It may be a bit age-inappropriate for a 38-year old woman, but dang it I want to meet KK. NOW.

Instead of the fit (which I'm quite sure would make me feel better), I thought it might be more becoming to list 10 good things that have occurred b/c we haven't yet traveled:

1. It is getting warmer in Aqtobe.
2. We've gotten to hang out with our motley crew of nieces and nephews.
3. I've gotten to work on my NCME paper.
4. I'm watching a beautiful snowfall out my window.
5. I spent a nice day shopping with my sister Debbie.
6. We set up the baby bed and decorated it with a sailboat theme, which includes a quilt, curtains, and bumper that my mom made.

...ok, I'm over halfway there. I can do this! (Cue the Bob the Builder music...)

7. I got a new pair of Keen shoes on the clearance rack at my favorite shoe store! For people in the mid-Missouri area, the shoe store is Vincents in Sedalia. (Ben is still wondering why I needed another pair of shoes.)
8. I found a cute down coat at an Eddie Bauer Outlet for half price!
9. I've found some really cool adoption blogs, which I'd post in our list of favorites but they are private blogs. I love reading about the adoption journeys of others who've decided to adopt internationally.

...there must be one more thing... I set a goal of 10 positive things...wait, I know!

10. I got some of the best birthday presents ever this year! (BTW, Mike, I am out of eggs now and could use another dozen.)

I did it! I'm not sure that I feel any better, but the 10 things that I listed do bring a smile to my face. :-D

3 comments:

EE said...

Ok, I've got to check out Vincents...I've heard so much about it!
I still can't believe you got eggs for your birthday!
Great list!

Chris & Christy said...

Ugh! I can't remember, when did you find out that Aqtobe was your region? It took my LOI 9 weeks once I found out. Grrrrr! I really wanted to meet the two of you!

Keep your faith gosh darn it!

Christy in Aqtobe - the weather is indeed getting nicer here.

Heather said...

You can't have too many Keens. Tell Ben to stop counting your shoes.