Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Filler posts and an update

As we wait for THE phone call, you will be seeing filler posts. We want to keep our most dedicated readers entertained. ;-)



We did hear that our paper work is in Astana awaiting the last signature. There is no way of predicting when it will finally reach the top of the Kaz to-do pile it is currently in. The current predicted timelines have us receiving THE phone call in a week or two. If any of you have contacts in Astana, feel free to work them for us.


After we get the phone call, that means we have all the signatures and we will receive an LOI (letter of invitation). This allows us to get our visas. Visas take about a week. During that time, we will see how many times we can repack four suitcases. We will also be talking to a travel agent who specializes in adoption travel. Our tickets will basically be open ended since we will not know when we will be coming home.


The "unknowing" has been the main theme in this adoption process. This has been the most trying for me, Ben. I am not a patient person and I like answers (real answers). We have had a good experience so far with our adoption agency, but if you obsess about when and how long something is going to take, you will learn (like me) that you won't get those answers. Everything has been very organized and tasks are done chronologically. Each task has a certain timeframe, such as one to two weeks. You finish that one and then move on to the next one which might take three to six weeks. Not to mention, you are dealing with two different governments and lots of different offices. Which brings us to where we are now, waiting on our LOI. This process takes four to ten weeks. We are in the eighth week, but the holidays usually slow things down, so who knows.

3 comments:

EE said...

I'm not a patient person, either.
I hope that things go smoothly for you here on out...
I'm laughing at the repacking of the suitcases...that's something I would totally do:)

Chris & Christy said...

Okay, well I am trying to do my own inter-region investigating and I keep getting the answers of when you are coming here too, soon, it will be soon. Come on people! How do they know to keep all information about your LOI to me on the down low too. Sheesh! Just today I had asked, how are things coming on that LOI? It sounds like it should be anytime for goodness sakes. Now, that may mean 2 weeks, but still, they were working on stuff here for you. I really feel that you too will love the team here, I really hope that I am able to meet you both in person. I am planning to be here until February 11th.

Christy and Z in Aqtobe! :)

Chris & Christy said...

Okay,so I need to ask, (I forgot - Sorry): Who is your agency?

Christy :) in Aqtobe ...... again

Please email me at chsimon@izoom.net