It was a weekend of birthday celebrations for those of us with the good luck to have been born in January. The weekend kicked off with my 5-year old nephew Gavin's (pix to the left) bowling b'day party. My main goal at the party was to beat my nephew Lance's (also 5) bowling score. Lance scored 100. I scored 108 without bumpers. Ben really stomped me with a score of 110. I don't think that the PBA will be calling anytime soon.
We celebrated Ben's granddad's 91st b'day on Sunday with fried chicken (my favorite) and chocolate sheet cake (again, my favorite). The highlight on Sunday was time spent with Keely and Gage. They were down from KC. For those of you who've known us since high school, you will notice that Keely looks exactly like her mother Aly (Ben's sister). There are some strong genes in that family.
Finally, Monday was all about me! This was a rather exceptional year in terms of gifts. I've already mentioned the Barclay chocolates. I also received my favorite Bath & Body Work lotions (thank you Angie), a homemade pie (thank you Selma), curtains for my kitchen (thank you Mom), and a dozen eggs (thank you Mike)... yes, you read correctly--my b-i-l gave me a dozen eggs. Upon seeing the eggs, my nephews Gavin and Tayt (also 5) were disappointed that they didn't get eggs for their birthdays. Since they eyed my eggs most of the night, I don't think that they were trying to make me feel better.Capricorn birthday wishes also go out to Aunt Doris who managed to miss all the festivities by escaping to the Lake for the weekend. Happy birthday Doris! We missed you!


1 comment:
Happy Birthday!!!!!
I can't wait to hear what your BIL gives you next year for your birthday. How can you top eggs????
Post a Comment