Erlan had a big time at our 2-day Easter Eggstravaganza. We spent Saturday at Aunt Debbie's with my family. We spent Sunday at our house with Ben's family. We colored Easter eggs and did Easter egg hunts both days. I attended my yearly professional conference with dyed fingers.
Scenes from Easter Saturday
On Saturday, Erlan colored eggs with his cousins. The older ones were very patient with the younger ones, especially Erlan who liked to take all of the eggs and drop them into the dye. Erlan really didn't care if someone else had already dyed the egg.
The adults hid about 100 eggs for the kiddos to find in my sister's yard. Erlan LOVED the Easter egg hunt. My favorite part was when I'd lead him to an area with an egg and ask, "Do you see an egg?" He'd respond, "Nope." He drew the word out with two syllables as if I were a dullard.
We then had races with the Easter eggs and any other game I could invent that involved the Easter eggs. We broke lots of the eggs that way.
As if the kids didn't have enough candy, my niece made rice-krispie treat eggs for the kids to dip in chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Erlan decorated way more than his fair share of eggs. Every time I looked up, he had cut in line again with a new egg.
The last picture is of Erlan putting Mikayla's bib on her. She looks terrified. He was closely supervised, and she was in no danger. I just think that the picture is hilarious.




Scenes from Easter Sunday
On Sunday, we decorated and hid eggs again. The kids then went outside to play baseball (despite the football like stances, they were playing baseball). Erlan also took the opportunity to show off his new bike riding skills.

Without further ado, Erlan's latest tricks:
- He can count to 30. He misses a few numbers, but he does really well.
- He is using 3 and 4 word sentences regularly. He was evaluated through Parents As Teachers, and they said his language skills were on track. He did not qualify for intervention.
- His spoken language has made amazing progress in the past couple of months. He repeats everything now.
- He loves to act out the "Itsy-Bitsy Spider"
- He loves to sing. His favorites are Twinkle, Twinkle; People on the Bus; ABCs; Little Bunny Fu Fu (he does the hand motions for this one too); I wanna be like you song from the Jungle Book (I have no idea what that song is really called).
- His favorite video: The Jungle Book. Aunt Amy has Bare Necessities and the I wanna be like you song from the Jungle Book on her iphone. Erlan knows this and demands that she play the songs for him. He will act like Blue as Bare Necessities plays and like a monkey when the other song plays.
- He loves to say, "See ya later alligator! After while crocodile! See ya soon raccoon!"
- He has a bicycle now. We got it at Wal-mart, and he rode it around the store, through the checkout, and to our car. We walked to Granny Jannie's for breakfast and let him ride the bike. He figured out the brakes pretty quick.
- He loves to go "feed cows" with Daddy, and he can identify certain cows by name.
- He can finally wear 3-T shirts; however, he's in 2-T pants.
- He loves to pick out his own clothes and to dress himself. Almost invariably, he will put his pants on backwards. It doesn't seem to bother him.
- He loves to read. His favorite book is Ten in the Bed, which is actually a song and I sing it to him every night now.









2 comments:
Hello, My name is Kellie and I am hoping to adopt from kazakhstan. Do you have any advice? tips? I would appreciate it! Congrats on Erlan, he is beautiful. =)
OK, I'm bringing my family to your house next Easter. You guys have way too much fun!!
I tried to call you this afternoon, but then remembered that you are probably out of the country. I left a weird rambling message on your cell... you can disregard it, or play it back and make fun of me.
Love all the photos. Erlan is amazing & adorable, as always:)
I'm going to hopefully blog tomorrow about the Baxter... I'm sort of in a blog funk again.
Post a Comment