Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Year Ago Today....

It was a year ago today that we met this little boy.

We knew that this kid would change our lives, but we had no idea that we hit the jackpot, the lottery, and the Publisher's Clearinghouse all in one shot.  Our journey has been amazing.  Erlan is everything we ever imagined our child to be and more.  He's cute, funny, and smart.  He charms everyone that he meets.  He is Ben's mini-me, and he's got my sweet tooth.  


He has grown more in the past year than we thought possible, going from a baby to a toddler on the verge of being a little boy.  










































We are incredibly blessed to have him in our lives.  


6 comments:

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I can think of no costume more perfect for Ben Jones than SHREK. Oh thank you for that.

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU THREE!!

KEEP BELIEVING

Alysa said...

Happy Anniversary! Your son was adorable when you met him and just keeps getting cuter!! Isn't it amazing how quickly they change?! And I can't believe it has already been a year since you met Erlan. Time does fly. Beautiful family! Thanks so much for letting us watch your little guy grow up!

EE said...

I can't believe that it's only been a year. Congrats!!!!!
You DID hit the jackpot:)

Thanks for the blog advice. I'm going to try to do something about it, today.

EE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regina said...

Happy belated anniversary! What an incredible year it has been. Seems like yesterday I was following your blog obsessively, knowing I was going to Aqtobe soon.

Erlan is growing so fast...it is so incredible to watch. I'm so glad to hear everyone is happy. He is your jackpot boy indeed!

Heather said...

You are listed on the blog list of Angie at Keep Believing. You know that she lost her husband to cancer on March 17. Angie and Brian would have celebrated their 12th wedding anniversary on April 19. I am hoping that I can get everyone in her blog list to post on their blogs at 12:00 am on April 19 a post with the title “Keep Believing” so that when she opens her blog, her blog list is filled with recent posts all titled “Keep Believing”. I don’t know how else to arrange this other than commenting on blogs, so forgive my off-topic comment. I would ask that you keep the post up for 24 hours in case she doesn’t look right away, and you don’t have to publish anything with it, just the title will do. I am using the scheduled post feature provided by blogger so I don’t forget. Thanks so much. Heather. (sorry for the generic post - it's easier to cut and paste than to retype each time. Hope you guys are doing o.k. Look forward to seeing you May 16.)