

While we are here we have the luxury of staying with our friends Agnes and Sacha, whom we met through adoption. We haven't seen Sacha in a year, and he has changed so much! He was a baby when we last saw him, and now he's a toddler. He's such a happy boy, and he and Agnes clearly bring each other much joy. Sacha is a year younger than Erlan, but he is almost taller than Erlan. Here the boys are hugging each other good night. Erlan is behind Sacha. Notice that Sacha almost blocks Erlan from view. In the nextpicture, you'll see that Sacha is almost bigger than Agnes. 








We
did our first bit of sightseeing by walking around Agnes' neighborhood. You'll notice that parking can be a bit of a problem here. I'm so glad that I'm not driving. We are standing outside of Agnes' house in the picture with the red car. I will need to take pix of her house. Ben and I both love it.


Today we enjoyed our first day of traipsing around Brussels with our own private tour guide, Agnes' father Emil. He has an incredible depth of knowledge of Brussels and of the European Union. He also speaks 7 languages, which has nothing to do with our tour but I think it's an incredible feat. The pictures that I will post do not begin to do justice to the splendor of this place. I love walking around the city and
seeing the mix of modern architecture with historic
building. The red roofed buildings give a quaintness to this metropolis.
We ended tonight's dinner with some chocolaty goodness. You'll see that both boys loved it. When Sacha saw it, he said, "Ooh, la la!" We walked off our dinner later. My boys took their color coordinated umbrellas and jackets.



Tomorrow we plan to go back to the Grand Place to look around some more. I think I will have a waffle and a piece (or two) of chocolate. As Erlan would say, "See ya later alligator!"






1 comment:
I can't believe how much Erlan looks like you guys!!
Ben & Erlan's umbrellas match their jackets. Were they trying to make a fashion statement???;)
Post a Comment