I have referenced Ben's friends Angie and Brian in a different post. Truth be told, I think of them as my friends since I follow their blog faithfully. Also, I heard lots about "little Angie" and "Angie and Brian" before I ever saw the blog.
About a week ago, Angie wrote the post that I feared would come: Brian's cancer has progressed to the point that it no longer makes sense to continue treatment. At the age of 36, Angie has begun dealing with end-of-life care for her husband. At the same time, Angie continues being a mom to her two young boys. I guess part of what amazes me about Angie is how she is able to write moving, poignant, and inspiring posts in the midst of such personal tragedy.
You may have noticed the new widget on the side of my blog. A fund has been set up for Angie and her boys. There are many times when we hear stories like that of Angie and Brian and we want to help but don't know how. The gadget is there in case you want to help monetarily. I am sure Angie, Brian, and the boys will take all of the prayers, positive thoughts, and/or good mojo that you can send their way. If you attend church, please add them to your prayer lists.
If you haven't been to Angie's Keep Believing Blog, please check it out. (Here's the address in case the link doesn't work:
www.aboneill.blogspot.com )
When you read Angie's blog, you'll see what an amazing person she is. Ben says that Brian is just as incredible and that the two of them compliment each other well. They have handled this difficult journey with grace and love. I hope their blog touches everyone else as much as it has Ben and me.
If he were still alive
12 years ago


2 comments:
Way to go. That's a beautiful post. Check out the updated http://keepbelievingfund.blogspot.com. It looks great.
Heather
The kids absolutely love fostering and are such a great help! We have realized, though, that we are not equipped to take kids over the age of 3 at this time. We had a 4 year old for a couple of weeks this fall. Griffin completely "checked out"... stayed in his room most of that time.
You guys would be great! I highly recommend it!!!
Start small, though;)
Post a Comment