- Erlan continues to amaze us. I wanted to list his latest and greatest (so in a year I can remember--time is simply flying by!)
As soon as Erlan wakes up, he runs to his room to pick out his clothes. He likes his clothes and likes to pick out his own outfits. Somedays he picks out clothes that match, other days are just funny. (Yes, he still joins us at 2:00 am....)
Erlan does not like to be wet. He gets very wet when he helps with dishes. He runs upstairs to change. He also does not enjoy being naked. If a shirt comes off, it better be b/c he's taking a bath or going swimming; otherwise, it's upstairs to his closet.
Erlan knows the alphabet and can identify all letters except K and N... I guess he has a mental block. He loves to play the alphabet game at Starfall.com
Erlan can count to 10 and can identify numbers 1 to 10. He loves to shout out numbers in Wal-mart. His favorite counting game is the duck shoot game at ictgames.com (If I weren't so lazy, I'd find the links for you.) We're starting to work on 11 through 20.
He's using two or three word phrases more and more frequently. The first phrase I heard was, "No more eggs!"
He loves to go with Daddy to feed cows. "Cows feed!" He helps Daddy fill the buckets and he tries to carry the buckets.
Erlan can work the mousepad on the computer. Ben taught him this today, and he's actually pretty good at it. (I'm not thrilled to have even more competition for the computer!)
Erlan requested a bowling party for his 3rd b'day. We had just been to his cousin's bowling party and Erlan loved it. When Ben and I were talking about his party the next day, Erlan tapped my face and said, "Mommy! Ball!" Then he made a bowling motion with his hand.
Erlan likes to sing "Happy Day to You!" (Happy Birthday to you!)
He said his own name for the first time to day. Until now, he has referred to himself as "You."
Erlan loves to throw balls (and whatever else he can find). He's actually pretty good at it. He also gets in trouble a lot for throwing things in the house.
Erlan loves Baxter. He has figured out how to put Baxter into his kennel (a handy trick) and how to take him out (a not-so-handy trick--Baxter is having trouble with the whole concept of potty training so he needs to go outside as soon as he is let out of his kennel.)
Erlan has figure out the lock on the door and likes to go in and out of the house. So far we've gotten around this by locking the screen--he'll probably figure that out next week.
Erlan loves to read. His favorite book is Goodnight Moon. He is delighted that I have it memorized and he can turn the pages himself. He also likes the Sandra Boynton books.
I'm sure I will think of more. In a month it will be a year since we met him. I cannot remember a time without him. He is our miracle.


4 comments:
Oh you bring back memories.
I remember when the kids would come to me all sleepy and put their arms up and say, "Hold you?" when they meant to say, "Will you hold me?" but were regurgitating the words they were used to hearing me say, "Do you want me to hold you?"
KEEP BELIEVING
LOL! I had Goodnight Moon memorized, too!
I can't believe that Erlan can identify so many letters... K & N are not so important, are they?;)
This was a very cute post!
We're getting a 17 month old tomorrow. She'll probably be with us for 2 or 3 weeks. Wish us luck!
Aktobe boys are the smartest ever! Happy New Year!
I second what Regina says! What a smart little cookie Erlan is. I love the baby babble, but am kind of looking forward to some real words. It's coming soon!
I also love your idea of recording the little things that he likes to do now. I can't believe it has been a year already! Time really flies, doesn't it? Happy Anniversary of your miracle!
Post a Comment