Winter Park has wagons for families to use to haul gear and kids around. Unfortunately, the wagons weren’t out today. We improvised. I seriously doubt that Samsonite thought that their roller bags would be used to haul kids around ski parks.

We enrolled Erlan in ski school today. I think that he really enjoyed it. They did take him out to the bunny slope. He caught Amy and I watching him. You’ll see him turn around and stare at us in the video. Before we shot the video, he was looking at us and finally yelled, “Mommy?” I waved. I was afraid that he’d start crying, but he didn’t.

We saw him again on the bunny slope in the afternoon; however, the instructor had FORGOTTEN him! Ben figured this out after watching Erlan just standing there, not interacting with the group. The manager had the right attitude saying, “This is totally unacceptable.” The instructor who forgot him told Ben that he was disrespectful to her! She forgot our kid and was concerned about respect. She had 4 kids in her group and couldn’t do a head count.
Kenzi also enrolled in Level 2 ski school. There were only 4 kids in her group. She went through Level 2 and Level 3 today! She is ready for Level 4 instruction. Her instructor managed not to lose her and said Kenzi did a great job. She’s now ready for easy blues! Kenzi was very proud of her accomplishment.
Keely psyched herself out b/c of the lift and would not enroll in ski school. She said she would hang out with Granny Jannie at the lodge. After watching all of the skiers, she finally said that she’d go on the lift IF Amy would hold her hand. Amy bought her a pass and took her up the lift. Once Keely got on the lift, she said, “You’re right. This is like a roller coaster!” She made it down the hill with only minor falls. She really enjoyed herself. Unfortunately, I have no video of her on the mountain today. She and Amy went one way, and Ben and I went another. By the time that I made it down the mountain, I was too tired to go back up to get pictures. Ben was going to go, but we ran into the aforementioned incident with Erlan and the ski school.
Here are some more pictures from the lodge at the end of the day.




2 comments:
Big Colorado welcome! Looks like everyone is having a great time, even the forgotten one. Unbelievable! Hope Ben let that instructor have it.
Heard there is more snow being dumped in the mountains today -- enjoy!
Alysa and Brady (from Castle Rock, CO)
Looks like you are all having a great time.
Erlan being disrespectful?? He doesn't even have the language for that!
Post a Comment