Saturday, June 21, 2008

The final post from Monterey...

I wrote this post in MRY... it has taken me this long to upload pictures...

All good times must end, and my boys left Monterey on Thursday. I had to stay behind to finish working. I was in tears as I watched them drive away at 5:00 am Thursday morning. I miss my boys terribly, but I am thankful that they could stay with me as long as they did.


Erlan finished his stay in Monterey in a grand style. Our friends Adele & Vince had us over for dinner. Vince barbeques the MOST DELICIOUS ribs ever. Erlan had a great time with his Auntie "Del" and Uncle Vince. Who wouldn't have a great time when your whims are being indulged? He showed Adele the gate, and she taught him the word. He then enjoyed showing the rest of us the gate and telling us his new word. Later he and Adele got into a pillow fight. He laughed so hard everytime he was whacked with a pillow.

On our last night in Monterey, we went to Fisherman's Wharf for dinner and to see the sea lions one last time. (If you come to Monterey, go to the Coast Guard Pier to see the sea lions. It is an amazing sight.) We ate dinner at a restaraunt overlooking the boat docks. Erlan fell in love with the sail boats. He squealed with absolute delight everytime one pulled into his view. I would love to have shown him one up close (the docks are locked so meddlesome tourists don't meander around). I get queasy just looking at at the ocean, so Ben is going to have to take Erlan on all of his boating adventures.

Erlan had such a good time at the Wharf. Ok, there are very few times when Erlan does not have a good time. He is such a laid-back kid. I marvel at his personality and how he reacts to the changes in his life and the new experiences that he has. He takes everything in stride.

Erlan does listen to me when I talk to him on the phone. He knows my voice, and Ben reports that he smiles and stops what he is doing to listen to me.

By now, my boys are sound asleep in MO being loved and missed by me in CA.

1 comment:

EE said...

The last picture is my favorite. I love sleeping picts!