
We spent the long July 4th weekend at the Lake. If you're from MO, you know which Lake I mean. If you're not from MO, the Lake is the Lake of the Ozarks. Erlan loved it! We arrived on Friday evening about 20 minutes before it was dark. As we walked down the stairs, Erlan spotted the water and the boats. He was DELIGHTED! He ran across the deck, climbed on the first rung of the railing, and yelled "Boats! Boats" He pointed excitedly and gave me the biggest grin.
A short time later the fireworks started going off. This time Erlan ran to the railing and yelled "Lellow! Lellow!" (I'm not sure why he was yelling yellow... I think it's his new favorite word, replacing "hot") Erlan loved the big boomers. Everytime one went off, he'd smile and yell "KABOOM!" The kid was pretty darn happy.


The next day we took him swimming, which was quite the commitment for me since the water was cold when jumping in. I prefer water to be tepid if I'm going to go swimming. Erlan floated with me and Ben. He let us push him back and forth between us. By the time we took our last swim on Sunday, Erlan was kicking his feet and trying to blow bubbles. He also went down our neighbor's slide. (Don't worry, Ben was waiting at the bottom.)
On our trip back home, we were loaded down with 4 adults, 2 kids, 1 dog, and all of our luggage. Erlan was in the 3rd row seat in my SUV. We stopped at Sonic for some ice cream on the way home. Erlan did not know that we had ice cream. He could not see the ice cream from his back-row seat..... that is, he could not see the ice cream until he saw Aunt Amy pass a bite of her ice cream to Daddy. Erlan let out a howl. He was not happy. He got his own little cup of ice cream and all was right in the world again. Shortly thereafter, he was sound asleep.


2 comments:
LOL! Can't believe you thought you could get away with that!!!
I'm so happy to see Erlan is doing great! His facial expressions crack me up! I have a sneaking suspicion that Milo is going to love water too.
Things are going well here, and I get custody of Milo on Wednesday. Every time I see sum-sa I think of you guys! :-) Ceric loves to tell the story of how you gave him sum-sa every morning.
Post a Comment