We went hiking Sunday afternoon in a forest near Brussels with Agnes' friend Marion & her son Vadiel. A light blue flower was in bloom and this is the only time of year that it blooms. It was a beautiful sight... it looked mystical, almost like a light fog covered the ground. I think that this may have been Erlan's favorite stop on our vacation. He could run around, pick up sticks, throw sticks, play in dirt--a perfect stop for a little boy.
Both boys were exhausted after our journey through the forest. Both fell asleep two minutes (literally) before we arrived back at Agnes' house.


Speaking of Erlan, I think that his top 10 guide book of Belgium would read: (1) Busses! (2) Trams! (3) Motorcycles! (4) Tunnels! (5) Trains! (6) Airplanes! (7) Dogs! (8) Candy! (9) Big rocks! (aka cobblestones) (10) Churches!
He has been fantastic, especially for a 3-year old. It helps tremendously that we are able to stay with Agnes. Erlan adores Agnes and Sacha. He is able to chill out and be a kid with Sacha after a day of touring. He can also play outside in the backyard.
On Monday, Ben, Erlan, & I toured Brussels a bit more. We finally stopped by the cathedral. It was awesome. We also stopped by some of the top chocolate makers to bring some goodies home.













4 comments:
yeahhhh! He's a little tree hugger!! :)
Happy Mother's Day!
Erlan looks so comfortable sleeping in the car;)
Where are you?????
I've tagged you for a meme. Come check it out!!!
Post a Comment