

Erlan caught onto the whole trick-or-treat thing pretty quick. I could see the wheels in his head turning...Hold orange bucket. Follow big kids. Thrust orange bucket at stranger. Say, "MORE!" We couldn't get him to say, "Trick-or-treat," but he would say or sign "more!"
Here are Erlan's cousins, Kenzi, Gavin, and Keely, on their way home after a night of trick or treating.

Here I am with our youngest revelers: Mikayla and Brecken. Erlan did not like seeing me with the two babies and demanded equal time.
A few more scenes from the night...



And, finally, here are pictures of our new puppy, Baxter. Ben's brother, David, got Erlan a puppy. David didn't tell us he was doing this, he surprised us. Ben was elated (meaning he wasn't at all elated). Erlan is not the best at getting up in the morning to walk Baxter even though it is his dog. Erlan calls him "Back!" and loves to chase him. For a 2 y.o., Erlan is actually pretty good with Back. Now when Erlan wakes up, his first words are, "Back. Out." (Translation: Daddy get up and take Baxter out.) Before Baxter, his wake-up words were, "Eat. Milk." (Translation: Mommy get up and get me some cereal and milk.)





4 comments:
Love the Shrek costumes. Very cute!
Awe!!! Baxter is adorable. Now you have to get the proper Baxter nickname down. When we got our Boxer, Baxter, my mom said he sure is a cute little Turd. From then on he was known as Bax-A-Turd. Or just Turd for short.
Erlan is getting cuter every time I check your blog! And Baxter (I love "Bax-A-Turd" although I guess that is taken) is a close second.
So happy to see that life with your son is going so well. Congrats on your decision to explore fostering. Whether or not you choose to go down that road, I admire your willingness to find out more about it. I imagine it is a tough road to travel. Like Kaz was easy! ;)
Hi you guys! Wow, Erlan is even cuter than ever!!! Love the costume. I'm so glad you found some time to update your blog. I know how hard it is.
Also, thank you so much for the nice things you said about our blog in your last post. So sweet! I miss being able to put the same amount of time into writing lately, but of course I wouldn't trade it for having Milo hime, who is doing great by the way.
Coincidentally, we are also considering foster adoption for a potential child #2. It's still a little soon to jump in, but please let us know how you do and if you have any insight.
Happy early Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment