Sunday, September 14, 2008

The weekend, with an update.

Some local ne'er-do-wells kicked our weekend off with a bang. They stole our car right out of our driveway. Not my precious SUV (thank goodness!), rather our 1996 Nissan that has seen better days. The car has been through Ben so it was not only a big surprise that somebody stole it---it was rather shocking that they could even get into it. Frankly I'm surprised that the mess in the car didn't make them shut the door and walk off. The dome light doesn't work, so maybe they didn't see it but surely they could smell it. The car has a peculiar odor that comes from cow-mucked boots, cattle feed, and dropped toddler food.

The car has been reported. We've driven all over town and on county roads looking for it. I figure it will turn up as an abandoned vehicle on one of the numerous gravel roads that surround us.

UPDATE: The car was found today. I'd like to be overjoyed about it, but somebody's joyride will end up costing about $400. I got to pay for towing, I'll need to get it shampooed to get all of the fingerprint powder out, and then there was the money in Ben's wallet....

4 comments:

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Yuck. I would feel so violated. I know everyone says that, but experiencing it first hand, do YOU? feel violated that is?

KEEP BELIEVING

EE said...

Maybe they're just borrowing to clean it up. You'll probably get it back in pristine condition with a full tank of gas.
So sorry.

EE said...

Maybe they're just borrowing to clean it up. You'll probably get it back in pristine condition with a full tank of gas.
So sorry.

Alysa said...

Finally catching up on blogs! Sorry about the car being stolen. Or maybe sorry they found it? ;)

Erlan is just cute as ever. I'm so glad things are going so well for the three of you, even though you are having to be a human guardrail in the middle the night! No child in my bed is one of my rules too -- I already have two cats that aren't supposed to be sleeping with me! I bought a pack 'n play for my room if needed. Maybe that will be enough!