Monday, May 12, 2008

Quick Update


Hello all,
We are fine and hope all of our friends and family are too. We have been really busy. Having a kid takes up a lot of time. No I am not complaining and in a year or so will be ready to find Erlan a sibling. We have been back for two weeks and have not stopped. Karla is working again and trying to get caught back up.
Our little boy is incredible. He is very flexible. We have been on the move nonstop. We try to keep a schedule, but some days it just doesn’t happen. I don’t know who smiles and laughs more, Erlan or his parents. We still cant believe we got him. He can melt any frown into a smile. He has even learned two of his aunts names. Boy are they smitten. He has his graham cracker Donna and his grannie Jannie totally snowed. All he does is walks up to them and says ‘Up’.
Well I have lots I could write but he will be up in 6 hours and he likes to say to me ‘get up’. He likes his scrambled eggs, juice and oatmeal prompt. Did you know little kids don’t like to wait?
We have lots of pics and lots of stories. Heres a quick one. We got home from K.C. at about 5;30 today from seeing Lewis and went to feed the cows and calves. Erlan, Karla and Amy stayed out of the mud and stuff while I fed and checked for new calves. I came from the pasture as they were raiding dad’s asparagus patch. Erlan is not a very fast walker and even slower with any distraction so papa picked him up to try to keep things moving. Heres what he did with his pot.
I was trying to get the yard mowed before I had to bale it. Of course it was 7:45 and I was out of gas. So I started my diesel which is very loud. I went running inside to get my wallet and met Erlan on the back porch in a t-shirt and diaper and a left boot on his right bare foot. Yes he had heard the truck start and wanted to go. So Karla helped with his shoes while I found the seatbelts in the truck for his seat. Life is good! And the front yard is mowed and Erlan and Karla are asleep.
Ben
p.s. Seth is in the middle and Nicholas is on the right. It is hard to get three boys to look at you and.... smile.

8 comments:

Diana said...

A Kid on a Farm. What a good life!

Regina said...

So glad too see all is well with Erlan! He must be in absolute heaven on a farm.

We are leaving for Aqtobe tomorrow! (Well, if are darn visas get here.) I can't believe it.

All the best,
Regina

P.S. I'm so sorry to read about your father, and I wish you and your entire family well.

Jennifer said...

So which one gets called Buckethead from now on?!?

Alysa said...

Life looks wonderful for the three of you! Didn't realize you had a farm -- even better! Erlan is still as adorable as ever. You can see and hear in your post how happy you all are.

Heather said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. What wonderful adventures await. Daily chores get a lot harder when you have to carry a camera with you everywhere you go.

EE said...

You know that the police in Columbia endearingly call Scott Hedrick "Buckethead". I think we have a new name for Ben:)

Kami said...

We are so happy to see that the 3 of you are getting settled in at home and are doing so well. Isn't it amazing how hard it is to get your simple normal household task done these days??

We miss you guys!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Wonderful! My kids love all that comes with the farm. And they LOVE spending time with their daddy! No matter what it is.

KEEP BELIEVING